Call today for a free consult and find out how food can help restore your body to vibrant health! 403-796-5571
How can food be your medicine?
Restoration Health offers a free, no obligation, initial consult to discuss your needs and determine how food can be your medicine. All of our programs (Food for Thought, Live Life Smart and Healthy Ever After) will identify the areas of imbalance within your body and then provide you a customized plan, based on your unique biochemistry, to optimize your health and achieve your goals. If you are looking for long term vibrant health, without the side effects of pharmaceuticals, then a holistic and natural approach is your BEST choice. Check out the Services page for more information on what you can expect and which program is the best fit for you.
Food is a powerful tool and has the ability to support the body in ways you never imagined. In fact, Thomas Edison said: "The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition". While this is unfortunately not always the case in our world today, the fact remains that nutrition CAN help you resolve a variety of symptoms, prevent future imbalances and help you feel your very best! Ann Wigmore said: "The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison" - truer words were never spoken.
- Candida and leaky gut - the lower part of the small intestine and colon contain millions of microbes (mainly bacteria) that should live in harmony with us. There are also pathogenic bacteria, viruses and parasites present in our gut. Normally, our good bacteria keep these pathogens in check but, due to a variety of factors including the use of anti-biotics and chlorinated water, these bad bacteria can become dominant and when this happens the entire body can be negatively impacted. Symptoms such as, acid reflux, excess phlegm and mucous, gas/bloating, skin issues, recurring infections, frequent colds/flus, headaches, allergies, mood disorders, bad breath, yeast infections, fatigue, aches and pains, premature aging, loose stools and constipation can all be linked to an overabundance of bad bacteria/candida albicans. The goods news is that you can balance your gut bacteria with nutrition, strategic supplementation and lifestyle changes. Our Healthy Ever After program will help you eradicate candida for good!
- Allergies and food sensitivities - the incidence of allergies is on the rise. 1 in 5 adults/children suffer from allergies and 75% of those suffering report that their symptoms interfere with their work and social lives. One of the greatest challenges with allergy is actually recognizing it. We have been led to believe that an allergy consists of runny nose, itchy eyes, sinus congestion, skin rashes and/or anaphylaxis. The truth is that allergies and food sensitivities can be much more insidious and slow moving; taking months and years to slowly weaken the body and become a multi-system syndrome. Most individuals have some form of food sensitivity but these can be difficult to identify as the symptoms are often delayed (up to 4 days) and they also appear somewhat commonplace (ie: acid reflux, headaches, canker sores, constipation, etc.) so people often assume these symptoms are "normal" vs. a negative response to a food. Allergies and food sensitivities can underlie conditions like arthritis, gall bladder dysfunction, migraines, bed wetting in children, ADHD/ADD, ear infections, canker sores, tonsilitis, inflammatory bowel disorders and mental health issues. If your body has any signs of inflammation or imbalance it is important to determine if an allergy or food sensitivity is underlying those symptoms. An elimination diet, and other assessment tools, can help pinpoint foods that may be feeding an allergy.
- Auto-immune disorders - it seems that everyone you meet these days has an auto-immune disorder. While genetic make up can increase susceptibility there are other factors that encourage and promote the development of an auto-immune condition. Factors such as, stress, weakened immune, poor diet, environmental pollutants, allergies, inflammation and candida can all pave the way for the progression of serious pathology. Once again, diet, strategic supplementation and lifestyle adjustments CAN support the body and fortify the immune system so you can maintain and sustain robust health and vitality. Our Healthy Ever After program is the perfect choice to help rebuild your body from the inside out.
- Mood and mental health - There are undeniable links between our mood and what we feed our bodies. For example, deficiencies in Omega 3 fatty acids have been linked to depression, anxiety and poor memory while consumption of food coloring has been associated with anxiety, poor focus and irritability. Our gut has more serotonin receptors than our brain so, when the gut is unhappy due to poor food choices it can have a significant impact on our mood and mental health. We also know that countries with a higher sugar intake have higher incidence rates of Depression meaning a high sugar diet can lead to changes that make it difficult for the body to maintain a happy stable mood. But don't stress!! Good dietary habits can stabilize blood sugar, enhance mood, improve cognitive function and increase production of your feel good neurotransmitters.
- Thyroid health - an underactive thyroid is becoming more and more common. In fact, some estimates indicate 1 in 7 women will struggle with an underactive thyroid. The thyroid secretes hormones that affect almost every cell in the body; these hormones influence oxygen consumption, body temperature, blood pressure, formation of red blood cells, other endocrine tissues, metabolism and they accelerate the turnover of minerals in the bones. An underactive thyroid can result in multiple imbalances in the body such as, tiredness, lethargy, inability to lose weight, dry hair, hair loss, constipation, poor digestion, low body temperature, acne, eczema, sleep issues, menstrual problems and depressed mood. An underactive thyroid is linked to numerous factors such as, iodine and selenium deficiency, elevated levels of mercury in the body, high consumption of goitrogenic foods and the function of other endocrine glands (ie: adrenals, pituitary, pancreas and gonads). There are numerous lifestyle and dietary strategies that can help restore balance and optimal function to the thyroid gland without having to resort to pharmaceuticals. Our Healthy Ever After program will ensure you have the tools to support your thyroid back to health.
Healthy Ever After
Are you ready to take control of your health but don't know where to start? Are you confused about what to eat and what supplements to take? Are you tired of trying all the fad diets and programs and still not feeling fabulous? Healthy Ever After is not a "cookie cutter" program or a one size fits all. Healthy Ever After is customized based on YOUR unique biochemistry and it will help you achieve a level of health you didn't know was possible. During the program you will learn why your body is not thriving and why you always feel run down; you will become skilled at reducing cravings, improving sleep, managing weight, enhancing mood and eliminating digestive issues; you will discover what foods and nutrients will keep you energized and feeling great; you will uncover which supplements are the best for your body and you will receive meal plans, easy to follow recipes and other handouts to help you on your way to long term wellness.
We will meet once/week, via phone or Skype (that's right! you can do this program from the comfort of your own home or office), to tackle each of the areas that are preventing you from being the best you can be!! In 6 weeks we will cover everything you need to know so that you can say good-bye to feeling tired and run down. You will start waking up feeling energized and ready for the day. You will impress all your friends with how good you feel and how great you look! You will eliminate all your digestive problems like heart burn and that bloated feeling you get after meals. You will reduce toxicity in the body and stamp out all those little aches and pains. You will even be excited about your next meal because this is not about eating less OR eating tasteless foods, it's about eating delicious, nutrient dense foods that will transform your health! Our weekly 1 hour meetings will ensure you get the guidance and coaching you need to stay focused, address any challenges you may have, successfully implement changes and keep you moving towards your goal! In between your weekly sessions you will be inspired with email tips to help you stay on track. There is even a Healthy Ever After Facebook community where you can connect and get support from your fellow health seekers! This comprehensive lifestyle program is not just about diet, it encompasses the whole body and helps you build your health from the inside out so you can live Healthy Ever After.
The next start date for Healthy Ever After is January 12, 2017! Call 403 796 5571 or enroll today to reserve your spot.